The new collective bargaining agreement between AGMA and Music at Westwood was approved by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly ratified by the shop.
Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 3-year agreement!
COMPENSATION AND OTHER BENEFITS:
- Increase in year one to health care contributions: 9%
- Increases of 1% in year one, 2% in year two, and 2% in year 3 on per performance rates
- One-time increase of 7% to the rehearsal rate in year three of the CBA
I.D.E.A., AND SAFETY:
- Gender Neutral Language used throughout
- Commitment to diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive workplace and agreement to work with AGMA to implement policies and procedures that advance this
- Open invitation for any Artist to discuss issues of I.D.E.A. with management
- Agreement to meet regularly with AGMA to review anti-racist initiatives on topics such as hiring, retention, stereotypes, and the overall safety and mental health needs of BIPOC and AAPI Artists
- Annual Training to include explicit and unconscious bias as well as what steps can be taken to ensure a safe place for all Artists
- Agreement to post audition notices through a broad range of outlets
- Agreement to the goal of impacting diversity and inclusion with regards to Artist’s gender, including providing gender neutral lavatories and facilities when possible
- Expansion of protections against discrimination to now include: gender identity, gender expression, gender preference, hair textures and hair styles historically linked to race, sexual preference, genetic characteristics and information