Company, BBII, and Post Graduate Program Auditions
Auditions are by invitation only.
Boston Ballet supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. If you are interested in auditioning for next season, please submit the following material VIA EMAIL.
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- Head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
The information and contacts above pertain to Boston Ballet Company, Boston Ballet II (BBII) and Post Graduate Program auditions only.
*Visit https://www.bostonballet.org/Home/Tickets-Performances/Footer/Footer-Get-Involved/Auditions for more information.*