The Los Angeles Opera will hold audition in January for experienced, classically trained singers seeking a professional contract in the highly acclaimed LA Opera Chorus for the 2020-2021 Season.
Audition appointments are confirmed by invitation only.
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 4 years classical voice training.
- Excellent sight-reading ability in music and languages.
- Ability to memorize music quickly.
- Experience in another professional opera or symphony chorus and/or strong academic or other non-professional experience.
- Stage experience or significant stage training
- Availability for all rehearsals and performances on schedule.
- Ability to perform special requirements for productions.
If invited to audition the following will be required at your scheduled audition time.
- 2 to 3 operatic arias contrasting in style and language.
- You may be asked to sing only one aria.
- Arias should be sung in the original key and language.
- You may be asked to sight read as the ability to read and memorize quickly is required.
- Auditions typically last no longer than 4 minutes; please plan your repertoire accordingly.
Saturday, January 18th; 11a – 2pm
Sunday, January 19th; 1:30 – 5:30pm
Monday, January 20th; 6 – 10pm
Tuesday, January 21st; 1 – 5pm
Thursday, January 23rd; 11a – 2pm
All auditions take place in Downtown Los Angeles at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.
Application materials and audition requirements can be found at: laopera/about-us/jobs-and-auditions
Singers should submit completed application, resume & recent photo to: ChorusAuditions@laopera.org
Or mail to:
135 N Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90012
All applications must be received by Monday January 13, 2020.
LA Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is conditioned upon providing timely and satisfactory evidence of the ability to work legally in the United States upon acceptance of our offer of employment, should one be extended. LA Opera does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
All applicants must be local, LA based. Travel & housing cannot be compensated.
Any singer who is offered employment and is not already a member of AGMA (American Guild of Musical Artists) will be required to join AGMA.