Lyric Opera of Chicago will hold auditions for experienced, classically trained singers in all voice categories who seek positions in the company's choral ensemble, under the direction of Chorus Master Michael Black. Available positions are in Lyric's 2021/22 season productions of Tosca, conducted by Eun Sun Kim; Beethoven's 9th Symphony, conducted by Lyric's celebrated former Music Director Sir Andrew Davis; and Terence Blanchard and Kasi Lemmons's opera Fire Shut Up in My Bones, based on Charles M. Blow's widely acclaimed memoir. Singers of color are strongly encouraged to attend.
Music rehearsals will begin no earlier than February 14, 2022. Performances take place in March and April, 2022.
Auditions at Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 13, 2021, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Auditions are by invitation only
For audition consideration, singers must submit to email@example.com:
- Current résumé
- Letter that states your first, second, and third preferences of audition dates
- Contact information for two references of recognized musical authority with whom you have worked. Please ensure your references are notified that Lyric may contact them.
- Prove United States citizenship; permanent residency; or possess, at the time or audition, legal permission to work in the United States of America during the rehearsal and performance period.
Lyric Opera of Chicago employs a professional chorus under an AGMA (American Guild of Musical Artists) contract and pays competitive wages. You need not be a union member to audition.
Due to COVID-19, Lyric has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. Applicant must show proof of vaccination in order to audition.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Lyric Opera audition hotline: 312.827.3548
Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.