AGMA's new one-year extension with Pittsburgh Opera has been ratified by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly approved by the shop.
Within this extension, there have been increases in wages and the addition of three new DEI provisions. Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 1-year extension!
- 2% cost of living increase for production staff
- 1% cost of living increase for performers
- 20% increase in per diems for visiting soloists
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION
- Three new DEI provisions:
- Right to union representation when raising concerns about discrimination and harassment
- Commitment to recruiting from historically excluded groups
- Agreement to ask for and use artists' stated names and pronouns
Artists of Pittsburgh Opera have not had a full non-COVID season under their CBA. They, therefore, sought a one-year extension to assess the suitability of their contract before entering into multi-year bargaining.