AGMA and its team of medical experts have been working together to address the challenges of the safe return to work for AGMA Artists. The AGMA/SDC Return to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook reflects the consensus recommendations of the Expert Medical Advisory Board retained by AGMA and the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (SDC). Please note that this is a “living document” and will be updated as the science and circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic dictate.
From the onset of this life-changing pandemic, the economic security, health, and safety of AGMA members have been AGMA's top priorities. The overarching goal is to help the performing arts organizations in which you work to responsibly reopen so that you may safely return to work. With that in mind, the AGMA/SDC Return to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook helps to address the unique risks of singing, dancing, stage managing, and directing, by outlining the layers of protection necessary to mitigate these risks. Notably, the Playbook presents a step-by-step approach to reopening built on five levels linked to the prevalence of COVID-19 in the community and allows for increasing activities based on clear, common-sense criteria.
Major updates in Version 3 include:
- Additional Appendix on the Employer and Employee Roles and Responsibilities
- Change in criteria to meet Levels 2, 3, and 4:
- Level 2- you now must have government permission to reopen and meet TWO of the criteria, where previously it was just one. In addition, the positive test rate now needs to be 10% or less (previously 15% or less)
- Level 3- the positive test rate now needs to be 10% or less (previously 15% or less)
- Level 4- the positive test rate now needs to be 5% or less (previously 10% or less)
- Additional details on the action plan for when a COVID-19+ person is onsite
- Additional details about paid sick leave per the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act
- Two new sections under ventilation- Outdoor Performances/Pollution + Theatrical Smoke, Fog, and Haze
- A new section on Outside the Workplace: Minimizing the Risk of Virus Transmission including new activity risk graphic
- Additional details about Reconditioning for Dancers
- New graphics in Special Considerations for Singers
- New graphic in Mask/PPE section