OPEN AGMA’s Updated Guidance Following Termination of COVID-19 Emergency Declarations (June 1 revision of May 15, 2023 Guidance)
OPEN AGMA’s Updated Guidance Following Termination of COVID-19 Emergency Declarations (May 15, 2023)
About the Playbook:
AGMA and its team of medical experts have been working together to address the challenges of the safe return to work for AGMA Artists. The AGMA/SDC Return to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook reflects the consensus recommendations of the Expert Medical Advisory Board retained by AGMA and the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (SDC). Please note that this is a “living document” and will be updated as the science and circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic dictate.
From the onset of this life-changing pandemic, the economic security, health, and safety of AGMA members have been AGMA's top priorities. The overarching goal is to help the performing arts organizations in which you work to responsibly reopen so that you may safely return to work. With that in mind, the AGMA/SDC Return to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook helps to address the unique risks of singing, dancing, stage managing, and directing, by outlining the layers of protection necessary to mitigate these risks. Notably, the Playbook presents a step-by-step approach to reopening built on levels linked to the prevalence of COVID-19 in the community and allows for increasing activities based on clear, common-sense criteria.
Major updates in Version 4 include:
- Levels of Reopening: Levels have been simplified and condensed from 5 levels to 3
- Ventilation Guidance: More specific information regarding air changes per hour, recommended percentage of fresh outdoor air, and filtration ratings.
- Minimum Space Requirements: New tables and worksheets included assisting in calculating the minimum space required for various levels of activity.
- Special Considerations for Singers: Masks and microphones as means of getting more singers back to work
- A new section on Worsening Conditions: Guidance for companies who are already back to work when COVID-19 conditions worsen in their community
- A new section on Testing: Recommended testing protocols for various situations, in some cases as an alternative to bubbles and pods
- A new section on Vaccination
- An additional appendix on Isolation & Quarantine: A snapshot of the current recommended guidelines for isolation and quarantine following a positive COVID-19 test, the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, or exposure to COVID-19