Accessibility and inclusion should be top of mind for job posters throughout every step of the hiring process. In an effort to share hiring opportunities in a broader range of outlets to increase the number of applicants often underrepresented in AGMA-represented positions and roles, AGMA has recently published this Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) Job Posting Resource Page. AGMA Signatory Companies are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the resources on this list and use them to expand their reach when circulating their audition listings and job postings, as this is a good place to begin your efforts.
Please Note: This page is by no means a completely comprehensive resource, and AGMA Signatory Companies should not limit their hiring opportunity postings to the outlets listed here. This page will continuously be updated as AGMA becomes aware of new outlets, revisions to existing outlets, and revised contact information. The organizations with contact information currently listed are those that have supplied us with this information and agreed to appear as a resource on our website.
If you know of another place that should be on our list, please let us know! Is something missing from this list that we should add? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historically Black Colleges and Universities:
The following HBCUs currently offer opera and/or music programs/degrees:
- Clark Atlanta University, Dept. of Music – Atlanta, GA
- Dr. Michael Decuir, Director of University Bands, email@example.com
- Jackson State University, Dept. of Music – Jackson, MS
- Send posting to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Carolina Central University, Dept. of Music – Durham, NC
- Dr. Lenora Helm Hammons, Interim Dept. Chair & Director of Graduate Programs, Jazz, Music: email@example.com
- Texas Southern University, Dept. of Music – Houston, TX
- Oakwood University – Huntsville, AL
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff – Pine Bluff, AR
- Howard University – Washington, D.C.
- University of the District of Columbia – Washington, D.C.
- Bethune Cookman University – Daytona Beach, FL
- Florida A&M University – Tallahassee, FL
- Morehouse College – Atlanta, GA
- Spelman College – Atlanta, GA
- Kentucky State University – Frankfort, KY
- Xavier University – New Orleans, LA
- Morgan State University – Baltimore, MD
- Hinds Community College, Utica Campus – Raymond, MS
- Tougaloo College – Tougaloo, MS
- Central State University – Wilberforce, OH
- Fisk University – Nashville, TN
- Tennessee State University – Nashville, TN
- Huston-Tillotson University – Austin, TX
Conservatories and Universities:
The following Conservatories/Universities currently offer opera and/or music programs/degrees:
*Ballet/modern dance program/degree
- University of Southern California, Glorya Kaufman School of Dance / Thorton School of Music* – Los Angeles, CA
- Elliot Scher, USC Career Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Vocal Arts Dept. – Boston, MA
- Isai Jess Muñoz, Chair and Artistic Director of Vocal Arts: IMunoz@berklee.edu
- Eastman School of Music – Rochester, NY
- The Juilliard School – New York, NY
- Create an account here and create a job listing.
- The Juilliard Career Center will then review the listing. Once it is approved, it will be visible to all Juilliard students and alumni.
- Manhattan School of Music – New York, NY
- Email Center for Impact: email@example.com. Available to MSM alumni as well
- Curtis Institute of Music – Philadelphia, PA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Will be distributed among the student body.
- Lawrence University Conservatory of Music* – Appleton, WI
- Laura Hoekstra, Assistant Director, Visual & Performing Arts and Nonprofit, Education, & Social Impact: Laura.email@example.com
- Colburn Conservatory of Music – Los Angeles, CA
- Chapman University, Hall-Musco Conservatory of Music – Orange, CA
- University of Miami, Frost School of Music – Coral Gables, FL
- Indiana University, Jacobs School of Music* – Bloomington, IN
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee* – Boston, MA
- New England Conservatory of Music – Boston, MA
- Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins* – Baltimore, MD
- University of Michigan, School of Music, Theatre, and Dance – Ann Arbor, MI
- Bard Conservatory of Music – Hudson, NY
- The Juilliard School – New York, NY
- The New School, Mannes School of Music – New York, NY
- Cleveland Institute of Music – Cleveland, OH
- University of Cincinnati College, Conservatory of Music* – Cincinnati, OH
- Oberlin Conservatory of Music – Oberlin, OH
- Academy of Vocal Arts – Philadelphia, PA
- Vanderbilt University, Blair School of Music – Nashville, TN
- University of North Texas, School of Music – Denton, TX
- Rice University, Shepherd School of Music – Houston, TX
Performing Arts Magazines:
The following performing arts magazines regularly share audition and job opportunities:
Performing Arts Organizations/Websites:
The following performing arts organizations/websites regularly share audition and job opportunities:
- Asian American Arts Alliance
- Black Theatre Network
- Coalition for African Americans in the Performing Arts (CAAPA)
- HBCU Cultured Dance and Arts Society
- International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD): Submit opportunities to the Career Center here.
General Job Posting Sites:
Best Practices for AGMA Signatory Companies:
- Continue to submit opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org to be shared on the AGMA website.
- When your Company posts a job opportunity on your Company’s website, please ensure that it is in an easily accessible manner. Ex: Endeavor not to post job opportunities behind a paywall.
- When possible, please include Compensation and Benefit details in each audition listing and job posting.