The new collective bargaining agreement between AGMA and Lyric Opera of Kansas City was approved by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly ratified by the shop.
Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 3-year agreement!
GENERAL COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- 3% in each of the three years of the agreement
- New language to memorialize when Artists engaged on a weekly basis and Artists who are engaged on an hourly rehearsal/per performance basis are paid
- Added Direct Deposit as a method of payment
Principal Artists engaged on a per performance basis will be paid no less than 25% of their contractual fee when they arrive for rehearsals, with the remaining 75% divided amongst their contracted performances.
Hours in the work week for Stage Directors and Production Staff is reduced from 60 hours in a week to 54 hours.
- Choristers will be provided their final schedules and scores eight weeks prior to the first rehearsal, and all cuts and changes to the score four weeks prior
- The Company will provide any special makeup needed
ARTISTS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.:
Provisions limiting the engagement of “Foreign Artists” were eliminated
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION:
- Gender inclusive language
- Anti-harassment/anti-racism policy provided to all AGMA Artists each year, including the reporting process
- Reverse Weingarten rights (right to union representation when raising concerns about discrimination and harassment), with notification to AGMA of any report of a violation filed
- Commitment to continue posting audition notices in a broad range of outlets and to work with AGMA to identify additional audition posting outlets to expand the range of diversity and inclusivity in auditioning.
- Provisions to use sensitivity and awareness of skin and hair color and type in providing wigs, make-up, and costumes