On the first anniversary of the union election in Buffalo, New York, that started this campaign, Starbucks Workers United is inviting labor and community allies to stand with baristas. AGMA proudly stands in solidarity with Starbucks Workers United!
Today, labor and community groups will join Starbucks workers in 10 cities to tell Howard Schultz and the board of directors of Starbucks to stop bullying baristas and bargain for a fair contract. We back the baristas in their fight for better staffing, pay and harassment protections. Like Central City Opera, Starbucks has retained notorious union-busting law firm Littler Mendelson P.C.
10 Core Rally Cities for December 9:
- Arlington, Virginia—Bozman Government Center, 5 p.m.
- Atlanta -- Historic King Center), 2 p.m.
- Buffalo, New York—Niagara Square, 4 p.m.
- Boston—SEIU 32BJ, 26 West St, 5:30 p.m.
- Chicago—219 S. Dearborn St., Noon
- Los Angeles—Florence Nightingale Middle School 3311 N. Figueroa St., 7 a.m.
- New York—City Hall Park, 1:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh—Market Square, Noon
- San Antonio—Labor Plaza 55 E Market St., Noon
- Seattle—Cal Anderson Park (North End) 951 E Denny Way, 3 p.m.
More info: https://actionnetwork.org/event_campaigns/december-9-show-starbucks-that-we-stand-up-to-bullies