The new collective bargaining agreement between AGMA and Milwaukee Ballet was approved by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly ratified by the shop.
SWIPE to see some highlights! Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 1-year agreement!
COMPENSATION AND OTHER BENEFITS:
- All Dancer salaries will be increased by 2% for the 23-24 season
- The Dancer classifications in the Basic Agreement will be increased by 2%
- Free parking at the studios, the Marcus Center, and the Pabst Theater
- Best efforts will be made to provide free or reduced parking at other sites
- Clarified absence language and allowed Dancers to opt into a short-term disability plan covering non-work-related injuries and illnesses as well as maternity and pregnancy leaves
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
- DEI Policies available to all Dancers
- AGMA will assist both those making a DEI report and those that may be subject to the report
- Costumes, wigs, shoes, and make-up will take skin tone and hair color/type into consideration
- Undergarments will be appropriate for the Dancer’s skin tone
- Notices of auditions will be posted to reach underrepresented groups
NEW HEALTH, WEIGHT, AND PHYSICAL APPEARANCE LANGUAGE:
Several measures have been implemented, including a seven-day advance notice requirement for meetings related to health, weight, or physical appearance. The meetings will be recorded and supervised by a healthcare professional. Additionally, artists have the option to have an AGMA Representative present at these meetings. Additional support for artists has been secured, including physical therapy and mental health counseling available at no cost to the Artist, and company coverage of insurance copays for other required medical specialist visits.