Cincinnati Opera Announces Chorus and Mainstage Auditions for 2023 Summer Festival
Cincinnati, Ohio—Local auditions for Cincinnati Opera’s 2023 Summer Festival Chorus and mainstage roles will be held October 28-30, 2022, in the Corbett Opera Center at Cincinnati Music Hall, 1243 Elm Street, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202.
Out-of-town auditions will take place in the following locations:
• October 27, 2022, University of Kentucky, Singletary Center, 405 Rose Street, Lexington, KY, 40508
• November 8, 2022, National Opera Center, 330 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY, 10001
• November 10, 2022, Atlanta Opera, 1575 Northside Drive, NW, Suite 350, Atlanta, GA, 30318
Audition requests are received exclusively through an online application process. Applications must be submitted no later than Saturday, October 8, 2022. All auditions will be held in person.
The Cincinnati Opera Chorus and mainstage roles are paid, professional engagements under the jurisdiction of AGMA, the American Guild of Musical Artists. Rehearsals and performances for Cincinnati Opera’s 2023 Summer Festival will begin in late May 2023 and run through the end of July 2023.
Individuals interested in auditioning are asked to follow these steps:
1. Complete the online application at www.yaptracker.com/applications/cincinnati-opera-mainstage-chorus-2023. Applicants must have an account with YAP Tracker, an online auditions management tool, and may sign up for free at this link: www.yaptracker.com/register-applicant. Applicants are required to upload a resume (PDF only, please) detailing performance experience.
2. Applicants will have the chance to select the opportunities (chorus, mainstage, or both) for which they are interested in auditioning within the application.
3. Singers will be notified by email if an audition has been granted. They will then have the option to schedule their own audition time via YAP Tracker.
4. Local auditions will be held in the Corbett Opera Center at Cincinnati Music Hall; entrance is located at 1243 Elm Street, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202.
5. Singers auditioning for the Cincinnati Opera Chorus should prepare two (2) contrasting arias in their original languages. Singers auditioning for a mainstage role should prepare five (5) contrasting arias in their original languages. An accompanist will be provided.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Cincinnati Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
About Cincinnati Opera
Cincinnati Opera’s mission is to enrich and connect our community through diverse opera experiences.
Founded in 1920 and the second-oldest opera company in the nation, Cincinnati Opera presents a thrilling season of grand opera every summer and engaging programs throughout the year. The company’s repertoire includes beloved classics and contemporary masterworks brought to life by some of the world’s most dynamic performers and creative artists.
Season Presenting Sponsor is Huntington. Cincinnati Opera is supported by the generosity of tens of thousands of contributors to the ArtsWave Community Campaign. Cincinnati Opera also receives season support from The Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund, Patricia A. Corbett Estate and Trust, the Ohio Arts Council, and the Harry T. Wilks Family Foundation, along with general season and project support from many other generous individuals, corporations, and foundations. Cincinnati Opera is a proud member of OPERA America.
For more information, visit cincinnatiopera.org.
# # #