The Martha Graham Dance Company is seeking professional dancers to perform the traditional roles of the Graham classics as well as new works by today’s choreographers. Applicants must have a strong command of current concert dance styles, ballet, and Graham Technique. Selected dancers will be offered between 10 and 28 weeks of work for the Company’s 2023-2024 Season, must be able to legally work in the USA, and must become members of the American Guild of Musical Artists AFL-CIO. Salaries will range from $650 and $975 per week.
Pre-registration is required in order to guarantee a spot at the audition.
- Must be technically excellent in a range of current dance techniques and ballet as well as have some experience in the Martha Graham Technique
- Must be experienced in partnering
- Must be available in late June of 2023 for rehearsals and for international travel with no passport or visa restrictions
- COVID-19 Vaccination is required for the audition and employment
- All dancers should be warmed-up, with long hair tied back and in dance wear without baggy warm-up clothes
DATE AND TIME
MAY 6 – 10:00am-4:00pm
Sign-in at 9am, studios available for warm-up at 9am
MAY 7 – Callbacks: 10:00am-4:00pm
Studios available for warm-up at 9am
Martha Graham Studio Theater
55 Bethune Street, 11th Floor
NY, NY 10014