San Francisco Ballet
Job Title: Stage Manager (AGMA)
Reports To: Production Stage Manager
Compensation: $1,935.97 Weekly
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Purpose: Under the direction of the Production Stage Manager, the Stage Manager efficiently prepares all activities and technical elements for rehearsals, performances, and production related events as assigned. The Stage Manager will assist in all matters to ensure productions are in line with the vision of the Artistic staff
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Rehearsals and Performances
- Ensure continuity and artistic integrity in all production aspects.
- Provide clear communication between all artistic and technical staff.
- Ensure all studio rehearsals have all necessary items (audio/props/wardrobe etc.)
- In collaboration with artistic, run on stage rehearsals with support of stage management team and crew.
- As required, call all assigned ballet repertoire-related cues and signals, i.e., lighting, follow spot, sound, flying, deck, carpentry, audio, projections, etc.
- Provide the necessary on deck support as directed by the PSM.
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and updating all required paperwork for all productions which includes both on and off-stage activities and performances.
- Video record new and existing repertoire in rehearsals and edit as required.
- Prepare and distribute rehearsal and performance videos on companies in house media platform to all SFB staff and external contractors as approved.
- Communicate production related information to artistic, production, music, and administrative staff.
- Attend and participate in weekly production meetings.
- Maintain database of all archival video and audio recordings.
- Prepare all paperwork necessary rehearsal items etc. for all tours.
Day to Day + Health and Safety
- Uphold AGMA rules regarding dancers onstage and in rehearsals in coordination with other collective bargaining agreements.
- Assist PSM in overseeing the safety of all performers and staff in rehearsal and performance situations.
- Assist with first aid in the case of injuries, communicate with Manger on Duty and Associate medical staff when required.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by Production Stage Manager
Position(s) Supervised: Assistant Stage Manager
Internal Contacts: Artistic Staff, Company Dancers, Production Staff, Operations Department and Music Department
External Contacts: Ballet Rehearsal Directors, Choreographers, Designers
Education Level and Focus: Theater Production Degree BFA, MFA
Years and Type of Related Experience Required: Minimum of five years' professional experience with a Performance Arts Institution. Minimum of three years professional experience with Union environment (preferred). Thorough knowledge of cues, dance vocabulary, orchestra score.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and prioritizes to meet required deadlines.
- Carries out duties in a timely manner with a creative and positive attitude.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Artistic Staff, Artists, Stage, Wardrobe, Hair, and Makeup Teams
- Interacts effectively with diverse range of personalities
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to follow music.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, sound judgement and a collaborative spirit
- Supports and provides equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Works effectively in a diverse environment of artists, creative and management teams.
- Demonstrates a passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of one of the world’s finest dance companies and schools.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to deal effectively with stressful situations, in an extremely busy environment.
- Ability to tour domestically and internationally, as required.
Physical Demands: Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs and maneuver around equipment, work nights, and weekends.
Special Software/Equipment used: Proficiency in MAC OS, Office 365, ability to operate audio/video equipment and knowledge of File Maker Pro and Premiere (preferred, but not required).
NO CALLS, PLEASE
San Francisco Ballet Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse staff.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO).