Submissions Only: Solo Dancers
The Dallas Opera is accepting audition submissions for local, Dallas/Fort Worth-based SOLO DANCERS for the upcoming spring production of Romeo et Juliette by Charles Gounod.
Romeo et Juliette Synopsis:
The Montague and Capulet families have been feuding in Verona for hundreds of years. But when Romeo meets Juliet at a masked ball, they fall innocently, and tragically, in love. Shakespeare’s greatest love story takes on new life with Gounod’s rapturously romantic score. Its stunning melodies, grand choruses—and the Dallas Opera debut of Golda Schultz—will leave you wondering “Did my heart love till now?”
Roles - 6 Total
- 2 Male-Identifying Solo Dancers
- 2 Female-Identifying Solo Dancers
- 2 Covers (1 Female-Identifying and 1 Male-Identifying)
TDO is seeking adult, male- and female-identifying dancers of all backgrounds. The production will encompass Neo-Classical and Contemporary dance styles. Dancers must have a strong ballet background with experience in contemporary dance. Strong stage presence and experience in stage performance is preferred.
Contract & Compensation
AGMA Contract; Compensation is set in agreement with AGMA for the 23/24 season:
- Solo Dancer - $1,312.17/performance
NOTE: Previous membership in AGMA is not required in order to audition.
Dates & Locations
Rehearsals Period: February 5 – February 29
NOTE: In accordance with AGMA regulation, solo dancers may be scheduled to rehearse up to 30 hours per week and six days per week.
Performances: March 1, 3m, 6, 9 at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas, TX
How to Apply:
This is submission only casting; no live audition will be held. Submissions should include:
- Two links to Dance Reels (videos should be approximately one-minute in length)
- One in Ballet or Neo-Classical style
- One contemporary improvisation or performance.
- Measurements: Weight, Height, Shoe, Pant, Shirt, Bra (if applicable), Head (circumference), Chest, Waist, and Outseam (waist to floor)
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19, per The Dallas Opera’s policy in accordance with the recommendation of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
To be considered, email your audition submission materials to email@example.com with “R&J Solo Dancer Audition – [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.