The new collective bargaining agreement between AGMA and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater was ratified by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly approved by the shop.
Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 3-year agreement!
- Addition of five guaranteed workweeks
- Compensation increases of between 7% and 10% in first year, 3% and 4% in second and third years
- Retirement contribution increased to 7%
- Personal days increased to 3 per year for all Artists
- Single rooms increased on all tours
- Guaranteed meal access following late performances on tour, including for special diets
- Baggage allotment increased on longer tours
- Increase in per diems and overtime rates
- Expands severance coverage to Artists that voluntarily leave the company
- New penalty for missed meal breaks for Stage Managers
- Increased fees for teaching Master Classes and company class
- Increased reimbursement for makeup and wellness expenses