The new collective bargaining agreement between AGMA and Ballet West was ratified by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly approved by the shop.
There have been multiple additions and improvements to the contract language, particularly when it comes to compensation, including a signing bonus. A number of other beneficial gains, like an increase in paternity/spouse/partner leave, are also included. Note: Current Side Letter agreements regarding anti-harassment and discrimination, and DEI have been extended to cover this new CBA.
Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 3-year agreement!
- A singing bonus for all Artists returning or joining for the 22-23 season of $720.00.
- An increase in wages:
- Year 1: 5% for Apprentice I and II, 4% for all other ranks
- Year 2: 5% for Apprentice I and II, 4% for New Dancer rank, and 3.5% for all other ranks
- Year 3: 3.5% increase for all ranks
- Increase of 6% in monthly parking allowance
- Increase of 25% in annual physical reimbursement
- Increase of 10% to per diem rates
- Stipend up to $50 per dancer for pointe shoe hardening materials
LEAVE AND HOLIDAYS
- Increase for paternity/spouse/partner leaves from 2 to 3 weeks
- Language allowing any Artist to take paid leave for religious observance during tech/performance week
ANTI-HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND DEI LANGUAGE
- Current Side Letter agreements regarding anti-harassment and discrimination and DEI have been extended to cover this new CBA
- Addition of Juneteenth to the list of holidays
- Agreement to provide at least one pair of pointe shoes per week for Ballet West II (studio company) dancers when working with the main company
- Addition of Union Rights Clause
- Force Majeure language committing the Company to give AGMA notice and coming to the table to discuss how to support Artists
- Additional maintenance classes during layoff for Artists
- 2 elected members to serve as non-voting members of the Ballet West Board
As a reminder, AGMA members have access to all contracts & agreements on the website. MyAGMA login required.