The new collective bargaining agreement between AGMA and Martha Graham Dance Company was approved by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly ratified by the shop.
Thank you to the negotiating committee, and congratulations on this 4-year agreement!
COMPENSATION AND OTHER BENEFITS:
- New seniority-based wage scale including bumps at regular intervals, some up-front payments, in addition to annual wage/seniority increases totaling up to 20+% over term of agreement
- $1,500 signing bonus
- Payment for visa processing up to $3,500 per dancer
- $20/per day meal allowance during New York Season
- Increase in seniority payments, per diem, and other fees
- Addition of one more guaranteed week
- Streaming fees equal to one week's salary
- Specific terms and conditions for media, including photos, photo books, streaming in-studio performances, documentary films, etc.
- Designated Dec-Jan holiday layoff barring any unusual opportunity to perform
- Advance payments for dancers after long layoff
- Family leave in compliance with NYS law
- Extended break time for nursing parents
- New definition of "Artist Activity" to encompass all services that must be on company time
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION (DEI) AND SAFETY:
- Comprehensive new DEI language, including:
- Complaint procedure
- Reverse Weingarten rights
- Annual training
- Best practices for recruitment, selection, casting, retention, mentorship
- Gender neutrality
- Cultural competency required of all staff; visiting choreographers held accountable for compliance with company policies.