The FIRST bargaining agreement between AGMA and Nevada Ballet Theatre was approved by AGMA leadership, after being overwhelmingly ratified by the shop.
This is a very comprehensive first agreement containing impressive compensation and benefit gains, DEI, and safety language, all legal protections including "Pay or Play,” March 1 re-engagement offers and hiring protections regarding a future AD.
Thank you to the negotiating committee and congratulations on this 3-year agreement!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Base compensation increases
- 3% - 19.25% in the 1st year
- 3% in years 2 & 3 with the addition of Seniority Pay
- Work Policy provisions, including limiting the use of apprentices and students and compensation and protections for artists engaged as choreographers and rehearsal assistants
- Guarantee of 24 dancers for 26 weeks in year 1 and 25 dancers for 26 weeks thereafter
- Medical Insurance covered from 50% - 100% by the end of the contract term
- Increase in Sick Leave and Personal Leave taken at the artists' discretion
- NEW: Paid Bereavement leave, Jury duty leave, Extended & significant Childbirth/Paternity leave
- Addition of Short-Term Disability of no less than 60% of wages for 12 weeks
- Comprehensive work rules with a commitment to a 5-day workweek. undressing time, rest breaks/spans and schedule & casting posting provisions, costume/shoe language, holidays including the ability to request religious observance
- Access to archival/study films for rehearsal purposes, and highlight reels
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION (DEI) and SAFETY:
- Harassment Prevention provisions, including:
- Reverse Weingarten rights (Right to union representation when raising concerns about discrimination and harassment), and training
- DEI provisions, including:
- Allowing every artist to communicate their pronouns
- Gender-neutral lavatories at studios
- Inclusive job postings
- Health and Safety Addendum including National Smoke & Fog policy
- COVID Health & Safety Protocols