March 2, 2021 - American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA) and Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (SDC) have released the fourth version of the AGMA/SDC Return to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook.
Major updates in Version 4 include:
- Levels of Reopening: Levels have been simplified and condensed from 5 levels to 3
- Ventilation Guidance: More specific information regarding air changes per hour, recommended percentage of fresh outdoor air, and filtration ratings
- Minimum Space Requirements: New tables and worksheets included assisting in calculating the minimum space required for various levels of activity.
- Special Considerations for Singers: Masks and microphones as means of getting more singers back to work
- A new section on Worsening Conditions: Guidance for companies who are already back to work when COVID-19 conditions worsen in their community
- A new section on Testing: Recommended testing protocols for various situations, in some cases as an alternative to bubbles and pods
- A new section on Vaccination
- An additional appendix on Isolation & Quarantine: A snapshot of the current recommended guidelines for isolation and quarantine following a positive COVID-19 test, the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, or exposure to COVID-19
The overarching goal of this Playbook is to help performing arts organizations responsibly reopen so that AGMA artists and SDC Members can safely return to work. The AGMA/SDCReturn to Stage and Performing Arts Playbook helps to address the unique challenges of singing, dancing, stage managing, choreographing, and directing by outlining the layers of protection necessary to mitigate risks.